Disclaimer

This is a story of fan fiction. Fiction written by fans. Nothing of this ever happened and will most likely never happen. Just a story of fiction, which doesn't bring up any money.

Sunday, April 21, 2013

7 Leaving on a jet plane

Once out of the hospital, Jon called for a cab. The rest of the band would already be at the airport by now and he couldn't call their drivers now. He still wanted a few more minutes alone with Richie.

Jon got a cab in a few minutes and slowly walked up to it with Richie. Jon got out his best manners and held the door open for Richie.

"Think you can get in? Not much leg space here."
"Lets find out." Richie climbed into the car, somewhat awkwardly. "Close enough." He chuckled.
Jon watched him, Richie was almost sprawled out all over the back seat. "Sure, don't leave any space for me." Jon walked around the car and got in on the other side.
"I tried." Richie said in self defense.
"At least you tried." Jon got in and told the driver where to go.
"It's the thought that counts." Richie smiled at him.
"Yeah suuuure." Jon said overly sarcastic. "I was your evil plan to take up as much space as possible so I'd have to be close to you, wasn't it?"
"If I was going to do that, I would've let you get in first, then just climbed in and leaned against you like this." Richie took up even more space, putting his stitched leg on the seat and squished Jon against the door, he started laughing. "Ah, all this room!" He said as if he truly was comfortable.
Jon sat squished between the door and Richie. "Quit it, you idiot." He tried to push Richie away but he didn't budge.
"That's lovable idiot." Richie said, pushing back but not even enough that Jon would really be uncomfortable, keeping it at a level of teasing and joking.
"No, just idiot. Move!"
Richie sat up a little bit so Jon wasn't totally squashed anymore but was still leaning on him. "Nope, ask anyone else, lovable idiot."
"No, sorry, don't think so." Jon moved so he could sit decently. "We're almost there."
"I certainly think so." Richie leaned more on Jon so he could look out of Jon's window. They didn't have much time together anymore and he wanted to be as close to Jon as possible. "We are?"
"Did they dope you up in there?"
"Only a little bit when the stitches got redone, but not much."

The got to the airport and Jon got out first, getting Richie's crutches so he could get out of the car more easily.

"We got a few more minutes before you have to check in and stuff." Jon said, sounding a little sad because they would have to say goodbye soon.
"Yeah, it's not much though."
"It's not but if you want to get some coffee, we can do that, or if you need a bathroom, I can hold your crutches..." Jon offered, thinking it would be harder on the plane.
Richie shrugged. "I think I'm ok."
"You don't even wanna go have a drink somewhere?"
"Nah not really."  He just wanted to be with Jon.
"One of those game rooms then? We can play some games." Jon tried to offer again.
"I think I’d be good with just sitting down." Richie started leaning more on his good leg than before.
"Come on, it’ll be fun and you always beat me at those games." Jon kept on trying, there was no use in staying here and looking like two old sad men.
"I’m honestly not feeling all that fun right now." He felt sad, wanting to grab Jon and never let go.
"I should make you fun then." Jon insisted, usually Richie was the one that was into all the fun and games while Jon would rather sit quietly.
"And how do you think you can do that?"
"I don't know but I don't think we should spend the last half hour as moping sad men."
"You're probably right on that." Richie finally agreed.
"Yes, so come on and lets go play some games."
"Alright, lead the way."

Jon walked around, finding one of the waiting lounges close to where Richie's gate was. Finally he found a corner with a few arcade games, he picked out a shooting safari game.

"Wanna shoot some animals?"
"We can try to at least." Richie smiled.
"Just don't fall over while you try." Jon teased him.
"No promises." Richie arranged his crutches so he could stand and point the gun decently.
"Just don't."

Jon started the game and they started shooting imaginary bullets at video safari animals. When the game ended Jon noticed their initials were already in the high scores.

"Hey, someone has the same initials as me... and you."
"Either fans, or they really do have the same initials." Richie laughed as he put in RSS.
"If that were fans, they really don't have a life." Jon added his own JFB
"But at leat they made us look good. Did better than we really did."
"You still beat me, now wasn't that fun?" Jon asked.
"While it lasted, yeah." Richie agreed.

Jon checked for the time and decided they had to go back but he was glad it at least took Richie's mind off of leaving for a while.

"Guess you should check in and I should go find my way to Edmonton." Jon said sadly.
"Yeah." Richie went right back to his earlier subdued mood and really didn't want to go at all.
"It's two weeks, you'll be fine, go get checked in." Jon tried to order.
"I'd rather be on the road, you know that."
"I know, but nothing to do about it so no use in moping." Jon saind
"Yeah, guess you're right."

They got to the gate where they had to part ways, Richie grabbed Jon and hugged him. Jon hugged him back and the reality of Richie having to leave finally hit him and he really didn't want Richie to go. Now he hoped fervently that he wouldn't turn into a crybaby again.

Richie hoped the exact same thing but didn't really care about his image right now and held him tight, not wanting to let go at all.

Jon turned into the biggest crybaby of them both and kept holding on, til Richie very, very reluctantly let him go.

"Two weeks." Richie said.
Jon sniffed and wiped away some tears, nodding. "Yeah."
"I'll be waiting for it to be up." Richie noticed the time. "We should be going."
"I'm gonna miss you." Jon's voice cracked when he was close to cryin again.
"I'm going to miss you too." Richie said sadly. "I've got something for you before we go."
It all made Jon even closer to crying. "What?"
Richie smiled and gently put his hand on Jon's cheek. "This." He leaned in a kissed him gently.
It took Jon by surprise but he tried to relax and kiss back a little.
Richie reluctantly pulled back after a minute. "See you in a couple weeks."
"Yeah, I... I love you."
"I love you too Jon." Richie smiled.
"Phone me when you're home, just leave a voice mail if I don't answer and I'll phone you back, okay?"
"Yes dear." He smiled sadly. "See you." Richie turned to leave.
"See ya." Jon watched him go and started crying all over again when he couldn't spot Richie in the crowd anymore.

Richie managed to hold in his tears until he was situated on the plane, then let them silentely fall.

Jon got to where he needed to be to meet the rest of the band and was off to Edmonton. They did the concert as best as they could without Richie.

After the concert Jon was too depressed to do anything so he undressed and got into his bed, checking his cell phone if Richie had left a voice mail yet.

Richie had phoned him and left a message, saying he was home safe and sound and Ava had already come over to check on him. The nurse was there too and Richie found her a little scary. He told Jon he hoped he had a good, hoped the guys and the fans didn't hate him too much for being there and that he missed them and would talk later. He yawned and wished Jon a good night.

Jon phoned him anyway, hoping he wasn't asleep yet.

"'Ello?" Richie answered.
"Hey, did I wake you?"
"No, just resting." Richie assured him.
"Does is hurt? Be careful. Why's your nurse scary?" Jon wanted to know.
"Only when I lay wrong or something. She's scary because I'm pretty sure she could kick my ass if I didn't listen."
"That was the point," Jon chuckled, "is she at least good looking?"
"She's alright, but not what I like to look at." She isn't you, Richie thought.
"Not blond with big boobs?" Jon joked.
"Not you."
"Ah... No, I don't have big boobs."
"No, just an amazing body and a great ass."

On the other end, Jon blushed, liking and not liking the compliment, either way he didn't know what to say.

Richie chuckled. "Didn't mean to make you at a loss for words. I should mark the calendar."
"Yeah do that, without today, it's fourteen days."
"Still fourteen days too many."
"I know, but it'll be here soon and in the meantime we can talk on the phone a bit or video chat if you really want to."
"If you're not working yourself too hard." Richie answered his idea.
"Nah, I got time, like now, after the show and tomorrow is a day off." Jon explained.
"Until the adrenaline wears off after shows and after the flight." Richie teased him.
"I'm still awake, but you're on painkillers, shouldn't you go sleep?"
"I'll fall asleep eventually." Richie said.
"Wanna keep talking then? I can tell you how the show was." Jon offered.
"How pissed were the fans that I still wasn't there?"
"No idea, they're not allowed signs anyway, was the same as any other night to be honest." Jon said.
"Didn't miss me too much then." Richie decided without really knowing.
"I did."
Richie smiled a little at that. "I missed you too."
"Phil's not bad, but he's not you."
"He's good though."
"But not you."
"There is only one of me after all." Richie smiled.
"That's true, unique and all." Jon agreed.
"Like you." Richie smiled, starting to fall asleep.
"Like everyone dude, doesn’t solve you not being here, everyone knows what happened and they all hope you’re fine, don’t be surprised to find balloons and flowers at your doorstep in the morning."
Richie chuckled. "Only if you're delivering will I accept them."
"I already got you a nurse man." Jon said.
"A big scary one though." Richie stifled a yawn.
"Not my fault, asked for a nice nurse, guess all the nice ones were taken, that's how it goes huh?" Jon said.
"Guess so." He was too far almost being asleep to say more.
"Sorry, you should sleep." Jon apologized for keeping him up.
"If I fall asleep talking, I fall asleep talking."
"And you laugh at me for something like that? You sure though? I can just phone you back in the morning or something."
"My morning, you know, the crack of noon." Richie reminded him to be sure he wouldn't get a phone call at 7 am.
"That’s the one I meant yeah. Did you think I was gonna be up at the crack of dawn or something? It’s my day off. I’m gonna enjoy my day... all alone."
"Call me when you get bored then, we’ll be alone together." Richie suggested.
"The joy, I need to go to the gym though, now that you’re not here, don’t have anyone to bug me about how much I can't lift."
"Well then call me after you get all hot and sweaty then eh?" Richie asked, already imagining the sight.
"Dunno if that’s a good idea..."
"I could’ve said during." Was Richie's poor solution.
"Yeah and how would that work?"
"No idea." Richie chuckled as he yawned.
 "Thought so, why don’t you just go to sleep? or are you gonna be difficult like my kids and resist going to sleep til I sing?" Jon asked.
Richie laughed. "If I say yes, would you sing to me?"
"I guess." Jon shrugged.
Richie didn't really believe him. "Then sing me to sleep."
"Uh..." Jon didn't really think he had to.
"Please?" Richie said in his sweetest voice.
"Oh alright." Jon sighed and started to make up a song like he would have sung for his children when they were little.
On the other end, Richie smiled and started to fall asleep to it.

Jon ended his song and waited to hear a reaction for Richie. All he got was Richie snoring and listened for a while, then went to sleep too.


(Yes, Shelbey and I did play games at Calgary airport and used their initials, if you were wondering.)

2 comments:

  1. I absolutely love the way you both write Jon and Richie its almost like I am sitting there watching them.

    LMAO,the initials on the game is very original. Never thought of doing that.

    Once again great job. More please!

    ReplyDelete
  2. the humour between them is great, and what's more Jon is getting more comfortable with Richie. and Richie is a total gent taking things slow, but then with his stitches poor lamb has no choice. can't wait to see how things spice up when the stitches are out! more please!

    ReplyDelete