Disclaimer

This is a story of fan fiction. Fiction written by fans. Nothing of this ever happened and will most likely never happen. Just a story of fiction, which doesn't bring up any money.

Monday, April 15, 2013

3 Maybe it's not so bad

At the hospital Jon got out of the car, carrying his bag with the signed pictures and a few personal belongings. He was able to sneak into Richie's room unnoticed and didn't need to bribe anyone.

Richie was sleeping lightly when Jon walked in but the opening of the door woke him up to look up sleepily at Jon and smile. "You came." He said obviously relieved.
"Of course I came, I couldn't let you stay all alone here... How are you doing?"
"Bit better now." He smiled up at Jon, happy he was there. "I tried to get the doctor to get you something more comfortable to sleep on than the chair, but no luck."
"No problem, guess you don't want to share the bed then?" Jon asked honestly disappointed.
"I do, I just didn't think you would want to share with me." Richie said abashed.
Jon shrugged. "We could try it. Maybe it's nice."
Richie moved over in his bed, so Jon would have room on his side without the stitches. "I'll bet it is."
Richie's moving, made Jon unsure. "You sure though? I don't want to hurt you either."
"Just mind my stitches over here." He waved in the general direction of his thigh. "Just come on."

It didn't give Jon more confidence, was he really going to get into a bed with a man that loved him? A little unsure Jon sat down on the edge of the bed next to Richie. His thoughts kept him back.

"Just lay down, I'm not going to do anything but hold you so you don't fall off." Richie tried to assure him.
"I dunno." Jon said. "I'm not gonna hurt you like this?"
"I'm sure Jon." Richie looked up at him, still trying to assure him. "Please just lay down." He stifled a yawn, hoping he would lay down already.
Finally Jon gave in. "Okay." and laid down, still keeping a little distance between the two of them.
"Sure you won't fall off? There's not that much room." Richie teased him.
"Could put the sides up, might help." Jon said stupidly.
Richie rolled his eyes and turned to his good side and put his arm around Jon "Or you could just shut up, hold me and go to sleep."
"I guess."

Richie settled to sleep, holding Jon close and wanting him to relax but Jon couldn't relax, even though Richie was gently rubbing his back.

"If you don’t relax, I’m not going to get to sleep. You wouldn’t have had a problem with this if I had kept my secret to myself." Richie sighed.
"I wouldn’t have gotten in a one person bed with you if hadn’t told me, maybe I wouldn’t even have been here at this time." Jon argued back. He still wasn't sure what he was doing there.
Richie looked at him, "but you are. If I’m honest, I wasn’t sure you’d come see me before morning," he continued rubbing Jon's back, trying to make him relax.
"Honestly I wasn’t sure either."
"I’m glad you did." Richie said honestly and very glad that he was there. The entire evening had been lonely, making him feel guilty he wasn't at the show to play. He stifled another yawn.
"I think I’m glad too." He was still unsure, but he thought so.
"Then why won’t you relax? We’re here to sleep. I know I gave you a lot to think about, but don’t think now. just sleep."
"I’m not comfy, I just got back from a show, my clothes are dirty and I still stink of sweat." Jon said irritably.
"If it’s bothering you that much there’s a bathroom over there." He pointed at a door at the other end of the room and let go of Jon
"Then what am I gonna do with my clothes? They’ll still stink."
"There’s a change of hospital clothes on the chair or in the closet on the other side of the chair are my clothes. The pants are a bit torn and have some blood on them though."

Jon still hadn't gathered the confidence of what he was doing here, Richie was his best friend but now, apparently he was in love with him. Real love. What was he supposed to do with that?

"Maybe I can wear your shirt, at least that’s not sweaty and maybe I’ll just ditch the pants, if you don’t mind of course."
"Can’t imagine why I would ever mind that." Richie smiled happily.
Jon got up from the bed to go shower. "You good with this? If you fall asleep... Well, you’d be sleeping."
"I’m fine with it." Richie chuckled. "Imagine that, falling asleep means I’d be asleep."
"Oh shut up." Jon complained.

He left Richie alone and went to the bathroom, as he pushed the door closed he didn't notice the door didn't fall into the lock and stayed open an inch through which Richie watched him undress with a smile until Jon got into the shower and disappeared from his view. Richie closed his eyes with a sigh and tried to sleep while Jon though about everything that had happened in the last half hour and mentally prepared himself to sleep with Richie.

When he got out of the shower, Jon finally noticed the door was still open and pushed it shut more firmly. He dried off and put his boxers back on, then decided on Richie's shirt because it wasn't sweaty like his was. When he finished and walked out, he was disappointed to see Richie already sleeping. He had hoped Richie would still be awake but he was on painkillers, it was understandable. Unsure again, Jon sat down on the edge of the bed.

He watched Richie sleep so relaxed and at peace and continued to think, he just couldn't stop his mind. What was he doing here? Why was he here? Was he really going to do this?

Willing his mind to shut up again, he laid down on the bed, making sure he was still on top of the sheets.

As if Richie knew Jon was there, he moved closer and put an arm around Jon, holding him until he relaxed and could sleep.

Richie woke in the morning to the feeling of Jon pressed against him, he knew Jon was waking up but didn't open his eyes yet, holding on to the perfect moment they were sharing. Why couldn't Jon just admit it and they could have it over with. Why did he have to think everything to death first?

When Jon wake up fully and realized what he was doing, he looked up at Richie and tried to move away but Richie tightened his grip on him, and opened his eyes.

"Morning." He smiled lovingly at Jon, wanting nothing more than to kiss him.
"Uhm... morning... how are you doing?"
Richie thought it over and winced in pain. "Would be better without that." He referred to the stitches in his dick. "But it’s good to wake up like this."
"You sure? I can call a nurse or something, maybe they can give painkillers." Jon suggested, feeling worried and guilty at the same time.
"That’s what this is," he held up his arm, showing the IV, "that’s my painkillers. I’ll be fine, really."
"But is it enough? I’m sorry for what I did, I don’t want you to be in pain because of my stupidity."

Richie assured him again that it was indeed fine. The cuts would heal but if Jon denied him, he wasn't too sure if that would heal.

"Now I wish I didn’t have stitches and I’m wishing I would’ve said something years ago because I think I could’ve gotten used to this real fast back then. I’ve really been missing out." Richie said.
"Ah... You're turned on?" Jon asked a little awkward.
"I was until the stitches pulled. That was a mood killer right there," he smiled anyway, "I meant waking up in your arms, I like it."
"Oh... It’s okay though, right? You don’t need someone to check your stitches?"

Just then a doctor walked in the room and went over to check on Richie stitches. When he lifted the gown to check, Jon couldn't help but have a quick glance and look away again. The doctor told Richie off about getting turned on.

"I thought I told you none of that or the stitches would pull?" He said but sounded like he was only joking around.
"That wasn’t my fault. My brain got the message, the rest of me didn’t seem to get the memo." Richie joked back.
"No? Who’s fault was it then?" Jon wanted to know.
"Whoever decided to make you as sexy as you are. It’s their fault." He didn't want to blame Jon for it.
"Me? My mom and dad I guess." He sat up, again uncomfortable.
Richie didn't move his arm and still held his hand on Jon's back. "I’m not blaming you Jon, it’s not your fault I think you’re hot."
Jon merely shrugged. "I don't know."
"Please don’t blame yourself Jon." Richie didn't want to see him sad like that.
"I‘m not blaming anyone." Jon said and lifted some of the sheets, now being uncomfortable that he was only wearing boxers while he had a start of a hard on and a doctor around.

Richie changed the subject by asking when Jon had to leave to go to Edmonton. Jon honestly didn't want to go, he wanted to stay with Richie as long as possible, until the doctor discharged him. That brought Jon to the idea to buy Richie a plane ticket, he had to get home that evening somehow. He reached down to his bag on the floor, unconsciously showing off his ass to Richie.

On the first call Jon was told there were no seats available, disappointed, Jon tried to the next company without success. Richie suggested he could just fly the next day and spend another night in the hospital or go to a hotel but Jon insisted on trying a third time. Third time was the charm and Jon could finally arrange a flight home for Richie even though it came at a crazy price. He needed to pay it, it had been his fault Richie had to go home anyway.

"Your flight is at 7, so you have to be there at 5, if we both leave around 4.00 we’ll both be on time... I’m gonna miss you." Jon said a little regretful.
"I’ll miss you too. But we’ve got all day then." Richie tried to say a little hopeful.
Jon agreed and looked around. "I need clothes."
You need less clothes Richie looked up at him. "Mine aren't good enough now?" He joked.
"Like pants that aren't sweaty or cut and bloody like yours."
"Fair enough." Richie reached over and hit the call button. "When the doc gets here, ask him for some pants."
"The fuck? You just did that? What am I gonna ask?"

Almost immediately Richie's doctor walked into the room. Richie rolled his eyes at Jon and asked the doctor for some sort of pants for Jon to wear.

Richie smiled at Jon. "What? You wanted pants."
Jon shoved him, "but not like that," he had thought Richie would have told him he wouldn't need pants.
Laughing, Richie shoved him back. "Well if you'd rather go without pants, you've got my vote."
Jon tried to go along. "Maybe I do."
"No complaints from me." He smiled. "Then just don't put on the pants the doc gives you."
Jon shrugged. "Maybe, doesn't mean you'll do anything, right?"
"Even if I could, I wouldn’t. Scouts honor. I don’t want to pressure you into anything." He said honestly, he couldn't force Jon into anything. If anything would happen, he had to be patient.

The doctor returned with a pair of scrubs for Jon and checked Richie over again. When his gown was lifted again, Jon couldn't help but glance over.


When the doctor left Jon decided to leave the pants, he didn't feel that uncomfortable either and Richie had said he wouldn't do anything, he was just glad Jon was there with him.

Jon laid down with him again. "I'm kinda cold."
Richie pulled the blankets back for Jon to get under. "We can fix that." He smiled and winked. "Just a cuddle, I promise." He tried to reassure Jon and put him at ease.
"Hmmmm." Jon considered it for a second, then moved closer.

Richie smiled and pulled the blankets over both of them, putting his arm around Jon. This time Jon was more relaxed which made Richie even happier to just hold him close.

Jon tried to make Richie happy and tried to cuddle a bit. "Actually..." He didn't dare to end his sentence for what would happen if he did.
Immediately Richie loosened his on Jon, he didn't want to push it. "I
t’s a lot for you to take in, I know. If it would be easier we can just pretend what happened yesterday didn’t." He felt dejected but tried to hide it.
Richie's hurt made Jon feel guilty for being scared to not finish his sentence earlier. "I was gonna say... Actually this isn’t so bad."
Richie smiled. "You're sure?" He couldn't hide his hope.
"Yeah, I think so, it's not bad."
Richie held him closer again. "No, it's not."

Jon tried to cuddle again while he still tried to process everything. Richie didn't say anymore, knowing Jon was thinking it all through and let him.

1 comment:

  1. Baby steps Richie. I think Jon is slowly starting to realize he is in love with Richie but is fighting his feelings.

    Great chapter.

    ReplyDelete