Disclaimer

This is a story of fan fiction. Fiction written by fans. Nothing of this ever happened and will most likely never happen. Just a story of fiction, which doesn't bring up any money.

Tuesday, April 16, 2013

4 You, my good sir, are an idiot


Jon stayed quiet in Richie's arms for a while but it didn't last long.

"Are we gonna do this all day?"
"As I was going to be laying here on my own all day, I’m finding this a lot better." Richie chuckled. "But what else is there really?" They were in a hospital, what else was there to do? Unless of course you actually let me kiss you again. That’s a great idea if you ask me
"Yeah but I still need to think, I’m sorry." He couldn't just stay in bed all day with Richie, he needed some thinking too.
"I know you do, I kinda dropped a bombshell on you. I don’t expect you to come up with an answer immediately. There’s too many other’s involved ." He understood.
"Dot’s gonna leave me." Jon said sadly.
Richie sighed. "I won’t lie, but most likely. But if she gets mad at anyone, it’ll be me, not you."
"Then I won’t get to see the kids anymore or a lot less... What about Ava?" Jon wondered if she already knew about all this.
"She wouldn’t keep your kids from you.... and Ava.... Ava already knows how I feel about you."
"She does? so... you’re gay?... Or bi?" He asked unsure.
"Yeah she does, and I’m bi." Richie said like it was the most normal matter.
"And everyone knows that?" Jon asked confused, after all, he hadn't noticed in all the 30 years he knew Richie.
"I don’t advertise it, but the guys know, Ava knows, my mom knows, and Heather knows. If others do, I don’t know they do, but I don’t deny it either."
"Matt and Dave know, they say you look at me in some way."
"They do? Thought I did that when no one else was looking." Knowing that was a little surprising to Richie.
Jon continued, still unsure of where this was going and if anything was true. "They say I look at you in the same way"
Richie raised a brow and smiled. "Really?"
"I dunno, I didn't know I looked at you in any way." Jon shrugged.
"If you do, I’ve missed it every time." Richie said a little disappointed, if Jon had, he would have known what to do too.
"I don’t think I look at you. Matt said it’s how we interact on stage."
Richie smiled as he thought it over. "Now that is true."
"What?" Jon asked confused.

Richie went on to explain how Jon interacted on stage with him, the teasing and joking. Jon was always close to his side and he certainly wasn't afraid to kiss him once in a while.

"So you think I’m gay... or bi too?"
"I’m hopeful you’re bi. But only you can really answer that. I don’t know what goes on in your head, and I can’t tell you exactly how you feel about me, or men in general."
"I never though about men like that, until now, I never considered having feelings for men, also until now." Jon thought out loud. He really didn't know.
"It’s a lot to think about, I know. I’m not going to push it with you, I promise you that. But as we’re stuck here for a few hours yet, anything you need to ask, you can ask me. I’m still your best friend no matter what..... right?" He hoped for the right answer, if Jon didn't agree, he didn't know what he'd do.
"You’ll always be my best friend. Thick as thieves, right?"
"Right." Richie agreed, so happy, his eyes were drawn to Jon's lips, wanting nothing more than to kiss him.
"I guess that's the look everyone means."

Jon got uncomfortable with the subject again and asked Richie if the cut still hurt, trying to change the subject. He was glad to know it didn't hurt very much but he was concerned if Richie could even walk later, how else would he get home?

Richie wanted to reassure Jon that it really wasn't that bad and tried to bend his knee, making himself wince. Which in turn made Jon panic about him pulling the stitches or something if he did that. Then again it made him curious about how bad the cut really was.

"How long’s the cut? Can I see?"
For once, Richie blushed. "That might be a little dangerous." He moved his gown up a little.
Jon looked over at Richie's thigh, noticing the long red cut go up until it disappeared under his gown. "Fuck man, that's bad. I'm so sorry for doing that to you. I really didn't mean to."
"I know you didn't." Richie assured him yet again. "I'll be alright."

Jon just hoped Richie had enough legroom on the plane so he wouldn't have to force his leg. He shouldn't force things at home either. Richie would need help with at least few things, maybe he should get him a nurse.

Richie laughed. "I might be a cripple, but I’m not an invalid you know. Besides, where’s the fun when it’s not you?"
"I’m not a nurse though. Still think you’ll need some help, even if it’s just tonight when you get home or tomorrow, someone’s gotta look at those stitches... You’ll get crutches to walk right?" Jon asked for confirmation, how else would Richie walk?
"Of course I will. And even if I argue with you on that, you’re going to make sure there’s someone there anyway aren’t you?"
"Duh, I’m gonna get you a nurse either way, don’t want you to be all alone... It’s a big house and a lot of stairs, what if you hurt yourself, fall down and lay there like a turtle that can’t get up and keep going “help, help, I’ve fallen and I can’t get up” until cats come and eat you? Then what? Huh?"
Richie burst out laughing. "Alright, alright, you win."
"I have good points then... Imagine if that would have happened."
"I’d think I’d look like a right idiot" Richie smiled at Jon. "Alright, get me a home nurse then."
"Good, they gotta be able to arrange that here, right? Want me to go ask now? maybe best to arrange it now..."
"I have no idea." Richie shrugged and hit the call button to call a doctor or a nurse. "Let's ask."
"You have way too much power with that button."

A nurse showed up in the room, asking if Richie needed anything, she honestly seemed concerned. They quickly explained the matter and asked if the hospital here would be able to arrange it at home for Richie.

A few minutes later the nurse returned and informed them everything would be arranged and Richie would have a nurse at home tonight.

"I should go find some food. Don’t press your evil button."
"I was told last night when I was brought my supper that I would be brought breakfast too." Richie explained.
"Oh lucky you, but last night you were alone and you’re supposed to be alone now too and hospital food is disgusting anyway. Cafeteria would be lonely if I have to go alone."
"Do I have to push the button again?" Richie joked. "Get the doc waiting on you too."
"No, I just don't to leave you alone."
That made Richie smile. "I would only be 5 minutes, 10 minutes tops because you'll get lost at least once on your way there."
"Haha, very funny, You don’t want to come with me? Get lost together..." Jon suggested.
Richie grinned. "Of course I do, just need to ask the doc for some crutches. Just let me summon my servant..." He joked.
"Pure evil, sure you can handle crutches?"
"I’d prefer crutches. Then I can smack you when you’re walking too slow."

The doctor showed up again. "Good news, we have you a nurse for when you go home, now," he mocked bowed, "what can I do for you... sir?"
Jon laughed. "See how evil you are? Even got the doctor following your orders, your poor nurse, I hope it’s one of those really big guys that could just pick you up and lock you in a room or something."
Richie playfully hit his best friend. "I’m not evil, I’m charming there’s a difference." Then he looked at the doctor, back into his role. "My good sir, fetch me my crutches. We are hungry and the visiting Lord does not wish to be lost on his own. Away with you!"
The doctor fought to keep a straight face. "Of course my Lord, right away." He bowed and left the room.
Jon hit Richie back, while saying, "You’re having WAY too much fun with this." He laughed. "Anyway, I should put clothes on now."
"If you insist." Richie sighed exaggerated.
"I can’t exactly go walk around the hospital in a pair of boxers and a tshirt, if we’d walk past an cardiac ward, people would have heart attacks and die, I don’t wanna cause that." Jon joked.
Richie laughed. "Too true, so very thoughtful of you."
"Well, unlike you, I’m not completely evil." Jon said and got out of the bed.
"Is that so? No, you’re just everyone’s boss, totally different." He smiled as he couldn't help but enjoy watching Jon's assets.
"Yeah that is completely different, I don’t order everyone around."

Jon helped Richie with getting up and putting some more hospital clothes on and got him his crutches. A few minutes later they were on the way to the cafeteria where Richie picked out various kinds of food to try for breakfast.

"You’re gonna cost me a lot of money like that." Jon said as he got his own breakfast. "Just try everything while you’re at it."
"Well if you’re offering?" Richie smirked and added some more things to his tray.
"I was kidding but sure go ahead."
Richie smiled. "You’ll just take it out of my pay check if you’re that worried about it anyway."
"I’ll just donate your salary to a homeless shelter or something."
"From each show? Or just last nights because you had to do it all yourself?" He still felt guilty for not being there.
"I’m kidding... I told the crowd last night that I was going to but I’m not gonna take it from you."
"I’d donate it anyway. Besides, I didn’t earn it did I? And I’m rich enough I can do that and not miss it." Richie really didn't mind.
"We could split it if you really want but I’m still paying you, it’s my fault you’re here anyway... Maybe like in the union, give you sick leave money."

Jon paid everything while Richie went to find them a table, a minute later Jon brought over their trays and sat down to eat.

"How’s your leg?" He'd been walking and standing for a while now and it made Jon concerned.
"It’s hurting a little, but not as bad as I actually thought it would be." Richie said and started eating. "Then again, no stairs."
"We can take the stairs on the way back in you prefer that..." Jon teased.
"No, don't want to push it. That's a lot of stairs."
"It's a bunch, so elevator. See, how would you have done that at home without a nurse then, huh, huh????"
"Crawl. I’d drag my sorry ass." Richie laughed. "Or, I’d just get Ava to stay with me and make her my slave."
"The poor kid, let her stay with her mom and you can recover a bit more."
"She’ll want to stay with me for a day or two, just to make sure I’m fine. She can be more of a boss than you sometimes." Richie teased him but was proud of Ava at the same time.
"Yeah I bet, she has a good mom and with you, it’s kinda necessary."
"I’m not that bad." He reached over and playfully hit Jon's arm again.
"Uh yeah you are, if someone dropped you off at a kindergarten, they’d never know you were an adult."
"Nu uh, I know all the big kid words." Richie smiled and stuck out his tongue.
"Yeah very mature, eat your breakfast." Jon ordered.
"I’m eating because I’m hungry, not because you told me to."
"Sure, if that makes you feel better."
"It does." Richie smiled.

They finished breakfast and Jon helped Richie back upstairs and back into the bed.

1 comment:

  1. Lol, this chapter had me laughing so hard at Jon and Richie's banter that both my dogs kept giving me strange looks.

    Needless to say I loved this from start to finish. Great job ladies.
    Now if you will excuse me I need to apologize to my dogs.

    ReplyDelete