Disclaimer

This is a story of fan fiction. Fiction written by fans. Nothing of this ever happened and will most likely never happen. Just a story of fiction, which doesn't bring up any money.

Monday, June 3, 2013

24 Green

"He was just asking how I was, we talked a little about you and me. He’s just being a friend, worrying." "Yeah? Then why do you love him?" Jon almost snarled. "I love him like a brother." Richie gave Jon a funny look. "Why? Feeling a little jealous?" Jon ignored him. "I know what that means. You used to say you loved me like a brother" "That was different. I was trying to convince myself of that when it came to you. With him, he really is just my little brother." "Yeah sure, try to convince yourself of that too." Jon said and left, going back to his dressing room. Richie was left standing there, shocked, for a moment before he went after Jon. "Jon, Jon hold on." 

He caught up and put a hand on his shoulder to stop him. 

"If that’s-"

Jon pulled away, went back to his dressing room and slammed the door shut.

Richie followed him in ignoring how hard the door hit his hand when he tried to stop it. He opened the door and shut it again and made Jon listen to him before he continued.

"If that’s how it really was, then why would I have spent the last couple days with you? If that was how it was, don’t you think I would have done something about it when he was single? That’s not how it is." 
"You didn’t do anything about it when I was single, so why would I believe that?"
"Because I wasn’t single at the time. When I was and you were, I was trying to figure out what I did wrong, why Danny left, because if I was going to be with you, I didn’t want to screw it up. By the time I got myself figured out, you went and got married."
"Oh sure, so now it’s my fault?!" Jon yelled.
"I didn’t say it was! It’s mine for not wanting to screw it up with you."
"No it’s not!" He still didn't like Richie blaming himself.
"There’s nothing else it could be but my own fear of losing you completely if I screwed it up! Dammit Jon I love you!"

Just then Jon remembered the dressing room wouldn't be sound proof.

"Shut up!"
"Why? You still don’t believe me? Is it so hard for you to believe that I could love you?"
"Just stop yelling."
Richie took a breath and calmed down. "If there was another way that you would listen when you’re angry, then I wouldn’t have had to. But is it so hard for you to believe me?"
"Believe that you love me? No, not really."
"Then why act like that? Questioning it?"
"I don’t question it."
"Then what the hell was that?" Richie waved his hand in the direction of the door.
"I don’t know, me being stupid."
Richie walked over to Jon and pulled him in his arms. "It’s been known to happen a time or two."
Jon simply felt stupid while Richie held him, he was trying to figure out why he was feeling jealous in the first place.
"It’s because you care too." Richie told him as he pulled back and seemingly read Jon's mind.

But Jon wasn't ready to admit that. Richie kissed him chastedly and held him again.

"We have to go to soundcheck." Jon said after a few minutes.
"Alright." Rather reluctantly Richie let go of him. "Let's go then."
"Yeah lets, I still have to make a set list too."
"You'll have it three times oves before the show starts." 
"We'll see."
"At least three times." Richie said as he walked out of the dressing room and to the stage.
"You're so sure of yourself. I get them done the first time." Jon followed him.
"And then you change your mind."
"So? Got a problem with me changing my mind?" Jon asked him.
"Only when you change a song in the middle of the show and I've got to suddenly remember how to play it."
"You know the songs when I change them."
"Of course I do, it’s remembering on the spot how to play them because I know if I screw up you’ll get mad at me."
Jon looked shocked those words. "I don't get mad at you."
Richie just gave him a look and raised a brow.
"Shut up." Jon said, knowing what Richie was saying.
Richie smirked.
"Shut it."
"But I never even said anything.
"I could hear you think." Jon argued.
"Is that a fact?"
"Yes, so stop thinking."
"But I love what I'm thinking."
"Yeah? Tell me after sound check." Jon said as he picked up his guitar.
"Thought you could hear what I'm thinking." Richie went on to introduce himself to Phil and say hi to everyone else.

While he got to practice along with everyone else, he wished he was able to play the concert that night, it hurt knowing that he wouldn't and that this was how far it would go. He missed playing guitar and half an hour of sound check wasn't enough.

1 comment:

  1. So now Jon is jealous because Richie told David he loved him? If Jon took the time to take his head out of his ass he might come to the conclusion he is in love with Richie.

    ReplyDelete